Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 50: Daphne, AL

Day 50 TODAY my rest day was perfectly timed! My body was a bit achy from the high mileage over the past week. The morning was very relaxing. Some computer work, reading and breakfast. After that I took advantage of the massage chair before John and I set out on errands.

We dropped my bike off at the bike shop, checked out potential roads for tomorrow morning's ride, stopped by Belforest Christian Church to see the facilities, took some berries to one of the BCC members, visited the AT&T store, ate some crawfish and a shrimp Po Boy.

Picked up my bike and returned home. Wow! There are some bike issues that could not be addressed so I will have to wait until Gainesville. They shouldn't cause any trouble along the way.

Throughout the day I took time to make some phone calls for the week to come. Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will ride to Pensacola, FL via Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, AL. It will be so awesome to see the beach once again and cross the state line into FLORIDA !! \o/

From late afternoon, early evening and night Leah, Holly and Noelle came in from work. We sat down for dinner after Leah and Holly were home. Noelle came in shortly thereafter. It was fun to be with them all.

I am looking forward to time with Andy, Camille and Eli tomorrow afternoon and evening.

After that the Walkers, Drew and Marc, Andrea and Chip and then Celeste and my Gainesville family.

Several encouraging calls came in this evening. I am so humbled that so many people will take a moment to call or write to encourage me. God is so good and so are his people.

The ride tomorrow to the beach and along it should be good. I am sure things will get hectic once I hit Pensacola and work my way to Gulf Coast Christian Church.

As always, prayers appreciated! Almost home...

bob g

Ephesians 3:20 !!
"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us"