Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 32: Joplin, MO fly to Kingsport, TN to see Celeste, Brad's wedding, etc...



Day 32 The 6 day break (Days 31-36) has been great! Last Thursday Jeremy took me to Springfield, MO to catch a flight to Atlanta. We got to the airport early so I had time to take care of e-mail and talk with Celeste before boarding the plane.

The flight to Atlanta was smooth. When I arrived in the D concourse/gate I sought out a Delta agent to ask if I could change from my 3pm flight to the 6pm flight Celeste would be taking to Tennessee. The first one said there were seats left but there would be a change fee of $50. Celeste and I decided that it would be best for me to go on. As I thought about it a bit more I decided that it would be worth it to pay the fee and wait on her in Atlanta. I went to a "different agent" who booked me on the flight and waived the fee PTL! \o/

I watched TV for a bit and took care of some more internet stuff and then moved toward the gate Celeste would be arriving at. I sat across from the gate and watched for her. I saw her coming but she didn't spot me right away. It was a bit funny. Especially when she finally saw me and we both smiled and laughed. It was great to see each other after 32 days. She had lost weight and had short hair. I had lost some weight, was very tan and had longer hair than when she last saw me. It was great!

We got our car and went to the hotel. We unloaded then decided to run around Kingsport. She had not been in Kingsport for 5 years and quite a bit had changed. We stopped downtown for some dinner. After that we called it a night.

Nite,

bob g