Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 26: Pratt to Wichita, KS



Day 26
What an awesome day! Actually slept in to 6:30am. As I was packing up an RV neighbor told me I could check out the TV in his RV if I needed. I told him I was good. He came back out moments later with a 5 day weather report. He said it looks good.

Today the wind was great, the roads were great, the stop at the Casey Jones General Store in Kingman was cool, the grassy fields were green, the horses and cows were pleasant and Wichita has Starbucks! I stopped for an iced coffee and met Hailey and a really nice young man, both were excited about my journey. I took care of some e-mail then called David Welsh to get directions to their house. It was about another 12 miles to their home on the east side of Wichita. What a wild ride. The traffic was crazy but I kept telling myself, this will prepare me for Mobile, AL.

I made it to their house with no problem. I got cleaned up then Kim threw my laundry in. We went out to eat with Doug and Val Reed, it was so awesome to see them. David and Doug are on staff together at Central Christian Church here in Wichita. After dinner Kim and I ran into the grocery store and she blessed me with a few groceries for the days to come. This has been a great day PTL! Of course it was awesome to talk with my beautiful wife today and tonight and just a moment ago a dear brother in the Lord, Bryan, called me from Texas to encourage me. How awesome is that.

Tomorrow I head to Arkansas City then after that on to Coffeyville. From there, Lord willing, I will dip down into Oklahoma to camp at Wyandotte before biking into Joplin, MO to prepare to depart for TN.

I am humbled that so many of you take the time to keep up with where I am and what is going on. Thanks as always for your notes, prayers and calls.

I count it a blessing to call you family, friend or new friend.

To God be the glory!

bob g

STATS - Mileage Today 94, Pace 15, Riding Time 6:05
Total GTD cumulative miles: 1,669