Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 13: Dove Creek to Cortez, CO












Day 13
I woke up at 5:30am with a rooster crowing. I decided to get going so I could get to the bike shop in Cortez early. The 40 mile ride was great.

The bike shop and the guys at the bike shop were great. Once again the Lord provided. I needed a new shifter and even though they didn't have the exact one they just happened to have one laying around in a box on the shelf that would work.

I said PRAISE THE LORD ! \o/


They got everything fixed and the cost for repairs, parts and supplies wasn't bad. I was excited. I rode down Main Street Cortez and found the Silver Bean Coffee Shop located inside an Airstream camper trailer. It was awesome as was the owner who was into biking and into what I was doing.

From there it was off to the airport to rent a car so I could go to Four Corners. That was neat. I returned to Cortez and found a good campground and Cortez Christian Church. I will be going to Bible Study and worship in the morning.


The day concluded with trips to the laundromat, Super Wal*Mart and DQ for some ice cream. It's night now and the temperature is dropping so it's time to crawl into my tent and read for a bit before falling off to sleep.

Tomorrow after worship and lunch I am going to decide to ride or not to ride.

As always, your prayers are appreciated!

bob g

STATS - Mileage Today 40, Pace 13, Riding Time 3:03
Total GTD cumulative miles: 825