Tuesday, May 29, 2012

GTD 2012 Day 24

No such luck re: the weather; it was raining harder than the day before and the wind was just as strong.  I was so close to the finish that I had to get suited up for the rain and head out.  Celeste did take my trailer and bag home for me so I was bike only for this last 28 mile stretch.

As bad as the conditions were the 28 miles seemed to pass by pretty quick.  Maybe it was covering the roads that I had ridden so much in training for GTD or for triathlons.  I did stop for a moment on 225 to duck out of the rain.  At that point I was so wet that I just started laughing; there was no way possible to get any wetter so I got back on my bike and began the final stretch of my 2012 GTD Fundraising Bike Ride.

I pulled into our neighborhood and then up to our house.  The rain continued to pour.  I put my bike in the Storage Room and got out of the rain; it was finished!


I want to first thank the Lord for providing all the I needed when I needed it along the way.  I want to thank my amazing wife Celeste for supporting my ongoing desire and determination to Go The Distance every other year; your support fuels me all along the way.  Finally I want to thank all my friends, family and CCH Gon4ths who hosted me along the way; you were a blessing and it was so awesome to see you, spend time with you and get caught up.



Now it's time to take a break before beginning to think about and plan for GTD 2014.  I will be riding down the Mississippi River starting at Itasca SP in Park Rapids, MN and finishing in New Orleans after going down to the Gulf of Mexico.  It should be exciting!