Sunday, May 6, 2012

GTD 2012 Day 1


I left out of Gainesville, FL early on the 6th so that I could arrive in Albany, NY by lunch time.  My flights to Atlanta and Albany went great so I was right on time to meet up with my cousins Elizabeth and Bill at the Albany Airport.  Elizabeth's boyfriend Scott brought his car so we had plenty of room for the 4 of us, my B-O-B Trailer and Bag and Camelbak.

We went to the house to drop my gear off.  I also wanted to check on my bike.  I had shipped it to a Bike Shop in Albany and they put it back together and checked it out.  I wanted to make sure that there weren't any other adjustments that needed to be done before setting out the next morning.  I also took time to reassemble my B-O-B Trailer so that it was ready to go.

After all this was done we went to pick up Aunt Marge for lunch.  Below is Elizabeth, Bill, Aunt Marge and me.  Thanks Scott for taking the picture.  After picking Aunt Marge up it was time for lunch at Ted's Fish Fry, my favorite!  We enjoyed Ted's, seeing Troy, stopping by the house and neighborhood I grew up in (the GTD 2012 starting point) and visiting with Aunt Marge. 



We returned to Elizabeth's house to relax outside since the temperature was much cooler than what I left in Florida.  She has a beautiful garden.

 
After a nice visit and chat about the ride to come we decided to order some Chinese food for dinner.  It was awesome!  After dinner I watched the final episode of The Amazing Race before bedtime.  It was a great first day of GTD 2012.