Wednesday, May 23, 2012

GTD 2012 Day 18

The awesome pasta feast the night before seemed to help me sleep like a baby.  I woke up a bit early to change both tires.  The tire on my rear wheel moved to the front and then I put a new tire on the back.  I felt good about starting the last week of the journey with new rubber on the rear and a really good tire moved from back to front.

I got to see John and Susan a bit as we had some breakfast then I set out; today would be along ride from Lexington to Goose Creek.  I was on a bit of a schedule since I was to be speaking at the Sonrise CC Wednesday night service. 

John told me I would be riding some hills through Columbia but after that it would flatten out and it was a straight shot to Goose Creek.  He was right on.  I enjoyed the ups and downs through the outskirts of Columbia before settling in on the long flat stretch to Goose Creek.  The ride was scenic and uneventful.  I stopped for lunch at a Country Store and enjoyed a couple of Cheese Dogs and a cold Root Beer.  After that I kept a consistent pace all the way to the church; I would meet Jerry there.



Jerry was excited to see me as I was him.  He finished a few things at the church and then took me to the hotel.  I got checked in, settled in and cleaned up.  I was looking forward to church that night; several friends would be coming to visit.  Rich and Vicki would be coming from Mt. Pleasant and Doug, Amy, Rita and kids from St. Stephens and Moncks Corner. 

I got to church early and got to visit with dear friends from SCC.  Just before the Service was to start Rich, Vicki, Doug, Amy, Rita and kids arrived; it was great to see and visit with them.

I enjoyed sharing with SCC about UFCCH that night and fellowshipping everyone after Service; it was a great night.  After dinner I got right to sleep; I knew I would be waking up really early to begin a long, long ride to Savannah to meet up with Cam and Sarah Huxford; dear friends that we have known since college.