Friday, May 25, 2012

GTD 2012 Day 20

I forgot to mention that CCH Gon4ths Eric and Christa Nolan had joined Cam and I for dinner the previous night; it was so awesome to see them again.  They live in Midway and are members of SCC.


I wasn't too rushed this morning since the ride to Brunswick was flat and considerably shorter than the day before.  I set out and after a bit Cam came riding alongside me on his motorcycle; very cool.  He was on his way to the office. 


One thing I never know about is the "feel factor" i.e. how will feel on any given day when riding long distance.  Though I felt good the day before and had a good night of rest; I was not feeling it this day.  I passed through Midway and felt like I needed to rest so I turned back and found a diner.  It was about 45 minutes before their lunch buffet started so I settled in and did some computer work.  Glad I did; the buffet was amazing!  Fried pork chops and a Mac n Cheese that was out of this world.  There were other items on the buffet but those two highlighted it.  After getting my fill I knew I needed to get going; I would be meeting and staying with the Holders that night.  Jeff and Diane were friends of Celeste and her family; I looked forward to meeting them and their family.

The day was hot so I made several stops to cool off and get something to drink.  Since I wasn't feeling it that day I probably stopped more than usual; that happens sometimes.  I kept pressing on and was rewarded at the end of the day when I came across a Starbucks one mile from the Holder's house.  I was ecstatic!  The day before had been tough due to the obstacles and today had been tough due to the heat and tiredness; SB was a great way to finish off this day.  I rested a bit and chatted some; the Barista's were interested in my ride.  I drank my iced coffee and got a refill to take to the house.



I rode the mile to the Holder's and met Jeff, Diane, kids and pets; they all were great!  I got settled in and cleaned up.  Diane and the kids were running out so Jeff and I had a delicious dinner at the house.  I also got laundry done.  After dinner we got to visit and learn more about each other.  They were such fun.  I was a bit relaxed after two tough days because the next day was going to be short, easy ride to St. Marys.  I was meeting Celeste there and we were going to hang out for a day or two so we could catch up and go to church.