Tuesday, May 15, 2012

GTD 2012 Day 10

The storm came last night and the sound of the rain and wind lulled me to sleep.  I awoke to beautiful weather so I was excited for the day ahead.  I showered, ate breakfast and packed up.  As I started to load the trailer I quickly discovered that I had a flat.  I moved everything to the side and took the wheel off.  A few minutes later the tube was changed and inflated so I was loaded everything up and set off south on 29.

After awhile I entered Ruckersville and spotted a drive through Coffee Shop; I needed a shot of caffeine so I stopped; it was good!  I passed through Charlottesville and the anticipated ride by the UVA Campus was disappointing.  29 goes by the edge of Campus; it was nothing like the ride by/through the University of Maryland.


The rest of the day's ride was like the days before; nice road, nice scenery and nice drivers.  The only difference in the day had to do with where to stay.  There wasn't any place to camp in this stretch so I planned to stop in Amhearst and find a cheap hotel.  I found one but it was full; a construction company had booked most of the rooms.  The only option was to pedal on to the next city; Monroe.  I arrived in Monroe and found a decent place to stay for a decent price.

I called Celeste and mom to let them know I had found lodging.  There was a store across the street so after showering I went to the store to find some dinner.  After dinner I touched base with my brother in law regarding my arrival in Salem the next day.  I did some reading then called it a night.

Besides arriving in Salem the next day I was looking forward to riding through Lynchburg; the home of Liberty University.