Saturday, May 19, 2012

GTD 2012 Day 14

This was my second rest day of the trip; a bit more than normal for a short trip but there were cool locations along the way and great friends it was necessary.  It was a beautiful day for a picnic!

Mike Rigas came up from Knoxville; it was great to spend time with him before meeting up with everybody else.  Driving out to Bays Mtn. brought back so many great memories of bike rides and hiking trips.  The Eastman Shelters were hopping with people celebrating a great day for a picnic.  Parking was at a premium so it took a bit of work to get everyone parked.

It was so great to see so many great friends and enjoy time with family.  Everyone brought food so there was more than enough.  It was fun to remember back to great times of ministry and friendship; Celeste and I were/are so blessed with so many awesome God loving people in our lives.

Besides eating and fellowship there were all kinds of games the families were enjoying.  It was a great day of relaxing before resuming the rest of my ride.

The evening was a chill time at Steve and Gwen's; it's always nice to relax at their relaxing home.  As evening set in I began to contemplate the next day's ride and the route I would take.  I have two options: down Kingsport Highway to Johnson City then to Erwin and over the mountain to Ashville or heading southwest through Jonesborough toward Greeneville before taking the Ashville Highway to Ashville, NC.  I decided on the second option before closing my eyes.