Friday, April 18, 2014

Rain

It's Good Friday and it is raining off and on.  The inclement weather reminds me to check the Weather Channel's 10 Day Forecast for Park Rapids, MN; the start of GTD 2014.  10 days from today the high will be 56 and the low 32.  In between the highs and lows will go up and down; ranging from 66 the highest high and 29 the lowest low.  There will be rain and snow on the 24th and 25th.
 
These conditions are acceptable and to be expected; not much different than my 2008 ride across Colorado in May.  I will be carrying 2 tarps with me; 1 for below and 1 for above my tent.  I will practice this set up in my back yard before leaving.  

In these final weeks it will be more about checking all my Gear before packing up.  I will be shipping my bike via FedEx to the Minneapolis LaQuinta where I will stay on May 4; Jordan will be looking out for it.  I will be breaking down my BOB Trailer, boxing it up and taking it on the plane with me along with my BOB Bag.

There is a lot of double checking that will go on these final 2 weeks; both Gear and Logistics. Looking forward to my GTD 2014 journey and all that God has in store for me along the way.