Tuesday, May 1, 2012

GTD 2012

In less than a week I will begin my 2012 Go The Distance Fundraising Bike Ride from Troy, NY back home to Gainesville, FL.  I am calling it my "Home Sweet Home" Ride.  "Home Sweet Home" because I will start where I was born and finish where I currently live my lovely wife Celeste.  It is also called my "Home Sweet Home" Ride because many of the nights will be spent with Family, UFCCH Gon4ths and Friends.  I am looking forward to seeing each and every one of them.

At this point my bike, Ol' Blue, has been shipped and most of my packing is done.  I will have to box up by B.O.B. Trailer and Bag on Friday to have it ready for the plane on Sunday.  Outside of a few meetings this week much of my time will be spent doing map work, training and and hanging out Celeste.  Once she drops me off at the airport Sunday morning I will not see her again until the later part of the journey except for when we Skype.

I am excited about the ride.  As I view the route on Google Earth I am looking forward to riding down country roads through quaint towns.  The first day I will be riding a Bike Trail along the Hudson River, how awesome is that!

I am so thankful for everyone who is supporting this Ride financially and prayerfully.  The finances will help UFCCH transition into a new Home this summer  and will provide mission scholarships to students desiring to serve in Haiti or South Florida or Costa Rica or Japan.  The prayers will sustain me day by day.

Looking forward to the Ride!   bob g.