Tuesday, May 22, 2012

GTD 2012 Day 17

After a great breakfast and time of fellowship it was time to say goodbye to Randy, Cheryl, Brad and friends.  I pedaled off knowing that I would be in Spartanburg within a few hours.  It was a nice ride and the part of Spartanburg I passed through was nice.  There were some ups and downs and I got to see a school or two.  After Spartanburg it was countryside riding and I even spent quite a bit of the afternoon riding through the Sumter National Forest.


It was a really nice ride but rain threatened.  On top of the rain threat was discovering that my front tire had developed a slow leak.  Instead of changing it I was stopping every 20 minutes or so to fill it back up.  I figured I would be able to change out tires at John and Susan's house.  It was a bit taxing to have to stop so often; at one point I had to pull into a Subway for a snack and a large drink.  I cooled off a bit, filled the tire and set off to Lexington. 

The rest of the ride went well and I made good time.  It was a highlight to ride along the large Lake Murray that was to my right side.  After that I made a turn off the main road and made my way into their neighborhood.

They greeted me at the door and after greetings got my bike and trailer moved into their garage.  After getting cleaned up we had an awesome dinner then watched the final show of the season for American Idol.  I haven't seen any of the season so I didn't know who was who but when Phillip Phillips sang his song he rocked the house and I knew that he had won; he did.



We chatted a bit more about the past and the present then headed off to bed; it was a great night and it was so good to see John and Susan again and meet their kids.  I truly have been blessed all along the way.