Saturday, May 10, 2014

GTD 2014 --- Day 7


Red Wing, MN to Winona, MN

I woke up rested and excited for the day ahead.  After reading my YouVersion verse for the day I enjoyed breakfast at the hotel.

Being at a hotel saves me a lot of time. I don't have to breakdown camp, clean everything and pack it up.  I also can do laundry which is nice since I only take 2 sets of riding clothes.

I am behind schedule so now I have to adjust my schedule and stops.   Today I rode to Winona, MN instead of LaCrosse, WI.  Good thing anyway, I got a call from the LaCrosse Campground and they were closed due to flooding.

The ride to Winona was similar to yesterday, peaceful!  Winona is another small Minnesota town with friendly people.  Once again Celeste found me a hotel because there were no decent camping options.

Tomorrow I head into Wisconsin, I am looking forward to riding the Wisconsin bluffs along the River.