Tuesday, May 13, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 10





Dubuque, IA to Davenport, IA

I talked to Scott in Davenport and told him my route for the day.  He said based upon where they live in relation to my route it would be best for him to meet me when I got to Davenport.  He gave me the location and I put in Google Maps.

The ride was very uneventful because I left the river and rode a straight line from Dubuque to Davenport on a 4 lane highway.  I felt very much like riding 11W in East Tennessee or 441 in Florida.

I gave Scott a heads up when I was getting close so he met me soon after I arrived.  His vehicle easily fit my rig so we loaded up quick and set off for his house.  Upon arrival I met his wife, very nice.  Scott said it would be best for him to transport me back to my route the next morning so everything stayed in the vehicle.

After showering we went out to an awesome Italian Restaurant, I put away the pasta!  After dinner we chatted a bit before calling it a day.

The route may not have been the best but the dinner and company made it a great rebound day.

Looking forward to making my way into another State tomorrow!