Thursday, May 22, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 19

Tiptonville, TN to Millington, TN

I was hoping to meet up with friends in the Memphis area but since I was a bit off schedule that would no longer be possible due to distance and schedules.  I was bummed about that but very glad that I would be riding through some larger towns with more options for food and quite possibly coffee at Starbucks.

Not long after setting out I found a convenience store and got my caffeine rush from a Monster Loca Moca.  I bought a country ham biscuit for breakfast.  Food and caffeine had me ready to make my way toward Memphis.

On my way to Memphis I passed through Dyersburg, TN, a place I had visited several times when I was a youth pastor in East TN.  From there I rode through several small towns before realizing I would not make it all the way into Memphis.

I called Celeste and she found me a room in Millignton, TN.  Just as I entered the Millington city limit I found a Starbucks!  It had been 4-5 days since seeing a Starbucks.  I enjoyed food, an espresso drink and something sweet, this was my dinner.  Soon after Starbucks I found the hotel that Celeste had booked for me.

I was glad to be there but a bit disappointed that I didn't make it into Memphis or get to meet up with friends.  I am sure that disappointment will diminish tomorrow when I get into Memphis and eyeball some of well known sites that Memphis is known for.