Sunday, May 4, 2014

GTD 2014 Day 1

My flight wasn't leaving till 10:40 but I was wide awake and ready to go at 5:30.  I got to the airport early so after turning in the rental car I had plenty of time to check-in, go through security and relax at my terminal.  I did some reading and reviewed what needed to be done when I got to Minneapolis.

Both flights (to Dallas then Minneapolis) were on time and without incident.  I met several nice folks who clued me more into Minnesota and what I would experience riding down the River.

I picked up my BOB Bag then went to Hertz.  They had a truck for me, perfect!  I found the hotel in no time and was relieved to see all my boxes were in good shape (thanks FedEx!).  The remainder of the night was devoted to reassembling my bike and trailer and organizing my gear.  I was happy to get it done and get to sleep.

All in all, a good day one.  Tomorrow I will journey to Itasca SP and Park Rapids.