Monday, May 26, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 23

Vicksburg, MS to Woodville, MS

Today's ride started in close proximity of the River but then Hwy 61 turned east and I was riding on the fringe of the St. Catherine Creek National Wildlife Refuge.

St. Catherine Creek National Wildlife Refuge was established in 1990.  Management of the refuge aims to conserve the integrity of a dynamic bottomland hardwood forest ecosystem in the Lower Mississippi River Valley.  The 24,589-acre refuge located in southwest Mississippi contains a diverse array of habitat types consisting of bottomland hardwoods, cypress swamps, upland hardwoods on the loess bluffs, small cliffs made from a specific type of wind-blown sediment.

I enjoy the countryside rides, the small and big city rides and especially the rides through National Forests and National Refuge Areas.

I find that I get the best view from my bike.  The pace, the open air, the elements....

As I settle in I am now turning my thoughts more toward the finish in New Orleans.  There I will connect with Crossroads Missions and their Interns, one of which is Jenny from UF CCH.

Before New Orleans though I am looking forward to riding through and around the LSU Campus.  I plan to stop at the LSU BCM and say hello to a friend of my UF BCM friend.

I keep an eye on the weather ahead, there is a storm brewing in the Gulf.  No matter the weather situation, God will provide.