Friday, May 9, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 6




It was a bummer to miss a visit to The Mall of America due to yesterday's bike troubles but the blow was softened a bit by a Starbucks stop in St. Paul.

There was a very scenic trail all the way to St. Paul.  It took me up high so I overlooked the airport and city and then it took me down to the river the rest of the way.

The Starbucks stop prepared me for the turn south west down the Mississippi.  Riding along the river is so peaceful!  After lunch in Hastings I set my sights on Red Wing, the home of Red Wing Shoes!

I found a cool coffee shop in Red Wing and chatted with a couple riding a tandem, they were heading to Minneapolis.

After coffee and a snack I headed to a decent hotel that Celeste found online.  I was looking forward to a long night of sleep so that I might feel rested as I headed into week 2.