Tuesday, May 27, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 24

Woodville, MS to Gonzales, LA

Riding through Mississippi has been ok but I was glad to enter into Louisiana today.  The weather man was right re: the storm, it hit as I got to Baton Rouge.

Until Baton Rouge the ride was great.  Great road, great weather and downhill.  Once the storm hit it hit!  This made riding around the LSU Campus less exciting.  I did stop by the LSU BCM but my friend's friend was not there.  I was so soaked that I drenched the entryway of the BCM.

I did ride by the Football Stadium, Basketball Arena, Baseball Stadium...before leaving campus and heading to Gonzales for the night.  The rain continued until after lunch.  For lunch I decided that I should eat at Popeyes one time while in Louisiana.

As it was at the BCM, I drenched the lobby at Popeyes.  Needless to say, I got quite the look because of my rig and my condition.  I enjoyed some awesome chicken and sides and charged up all my devices while there.

After lunch the rain quit and the sun came out just as I was to cross under the Interstate.  I rejoiced over the sunshine and the fact that there was a Starbucks at that Interchange.  I enjoyed a large iced drink and a snack.  Once finished I set my sights on Gonzales.

As I rode into Gonzales I experienced the effects of the storm.  Many of the streets were flooded and I had to ride through knee deep water to get to my hotel.  Fortunately the area where the hotel was located was fine.

I settled in, cleaned up, ate dinner and called Celeste to talk about our plans for after New Orleans.