Thursday, May 15, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 12

Burlington, IA to La Grange, MO

I left Burlington and continued down Highway 61 along the Mississippi River (MR) into Missouri.  I was excited about the day's ride because it was taking me into familiar territory due to many trips to the Cornerstone Christian Music Festival in Bushnell, IL.

One time at the Festival I was in need of some $ so I traveled into town Macomb, IL and no $ were available.  I was told there were some grocery stores in Keokuk, IA that would give cash back so I took off on a road trip.  I didn't know that day when I crossed the MR that several years later I would pass by the area on my bike riding down the MR.

The ride through the farmland of Illinois was uneventful, I am so glad that I can listen to music or podcast along the way.

I finally arrived at Wakonda SP in La Grange, MO, it was very nice.

In two days I will arrive in the St. Louis area where I will connect with great friends Dr. Mike &

Pam Chambers.  Before St. Louis though I will make a stop in Bowling Green, MO.