Saturday, May 24, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 21

Clarksdale, MS to Greenville, MS

Today's ride would be to Greenville.  Immediately upon leaving the hotel I found my way over to Highway 1, this would take me to the River first and then to Greenville second.

There was nothing special about today's ride.  It was good to be along the River and meeting nice small town folks along the Mississippi.

I got to Greenville mid afternoon and found a decent hotel.  Since I was off Schedule I was either too close or too far away from the Campgrounds I had planned to stay at.

That is often the case with a long distance trip.  It is easy to sit in the office and plan a route and lodging based upon Google Maps and Google.  The difficulty lies in dealing with the different issues that arise during a long distance trip.  Weather, health, mechanical, dogs...all play a part in the unfolding of a trip and having to adjust.

The cool thing is that all along the way God has provided what was needed when it was needed.  Looking forward to Vicksburg tomorrow!