Thursday, June 2, 2016

GTD 2016 - Day 7

South Venice, FL to Riverview, FL

Today was another day on Highway 41, for awhile.  When we got to Sarasota it was time for a Starbucks break.  As I chatted with another cyclist he asked if I planned to ride along the beaches, I hadn't made a plan to but I would love to.

He told me where to take a left off of 41 and that would take me all the way to Bradenton Beach.  I was excited!  Anytime I can ride along the ocean it is a good ride.

As I was heading toward Long Boat Key I got to see the famous statue of the Sailor Kissing His Girl.  The ride through Long Boat Key is nice, many cyclists enjoy riding this stretch of road.  When I got to Bradenton Beach I got a call from a Pastor friend.  He and his wife wanted to drop something off at the Campus House.  I got to share with him that I was on my Fundraising Bike Ride for UF CCH, they were glad for that and glad that Mama C would be able to meet them at the House to receive their donations.

After getting off the phone with him I tried to locate Qinggela, he was no where near where I was.  I was hoping to meet up with him and get one of the ice cold drinks in the cooler.  After several miscommunications re: my whereabouts I decided to have him meet me on Highway 41 in Bradenton.  We finally found each other and I got my cold drink.

After Bradenton it was 41 all the way to Gibsonton.  At Gibsonton we made the right turn to Riverview.  It was a semi busy 2 lane road that led me to my sister's neighborhood.  It was great to get there!  We had a great time with my sister and her family then called it a night.

Tomorrow's ride is a ride I added in so that we wouldn't get to Clearwater a day early.  The Christian Church in Clearwater wants to host us on Sunday and have me share a few minutes during church and then after church at a luncheon.