Sunday, June 5, 2016

GTD 2016 - Day 10

Host Home to FCC Clearwater & Ocala to UFCCH

We got up, enjoyed a great breakfast and prepped again for the morning ahead at church.  Our host family had to go to the church early so after they left we loaded up our luggage and bikes and rested a bit.  Everything was timed out for when I would arrive at the church on my bike so there was no rush to get going but I was ready.

Qinggela followed me over to the Starbucks and we relaxed a bit before it was time for me to head to the church.  I was still a few minutes early so I stopped at the church next door until Go Time.  That time came so I headed out to Drew St. and rode the short distance to the church.  As I arrived everyone was out front cheering my arrival.  The lead pastor said a few words as did I.  They then invited me to bring my bike into the church, the morning service would be starting soon.

I displayed my bike in the vestibule, many stopped by to ask questions about my trip up to this point and how it would finish up.  They were excited about the funds being raised for UFCCH students who desired to go on short term mission trips.

After an awesome time of worship I got up to say thanks for their support and share just a bit about my journey.  The majority of sharing was to take place at a lunch after worship.  Mike did a great job sharing a word of encouragement from the Bible and then invited everyone to lunch to find out more about my ride and the purpose of it.

Lunch was awesome as usual and everyone was so gracious.  After we ate I shared about my journey and its purpose.  There was a time of Q&A, I always enjoy this because addresses specific interests or curiosities.

After all the food was eaten and the questions were asked we said our goodbyes and headed to Ocala. Today was to be a short ride UFCCH.  We stopped at the Plaza on the corner of 326 & 441 where one of my favorite restaurants is, Sam's St. John's Seafood.  I would have loved to eaten there but we weren't that far removed from lunch and I was ready to get back home for 1 night.

Once again my Sunday afternoon ride was a bit sluggish.  I encountered a brief rain around Micanopy then enjoyed the beauty of Paynes Prairie before getting into the Gainesville traffic as I approached UF.  I was only riding to UFCCH, Qinggela had driven my car there because his car was parked there.

Since it was Sunday and Summer A it was a bit quiet as I rode by UF to UFCCH.  I loaded up my bike and headed home to do laundry, I would set out again in the morning for Ormond Beach.  I would no longer be supported so I was going to pack a few things in a small backpack.  I would meet up with Celeste in 2 days so she had taken my packed bag with her.  I was looking forward to finishing my ride and celebrating her birthday with her at the beach!