Saturday, May 17, 2014

GTD 2014 - Day 14

Bowling Green, MO to St. Charles, MO

Countryside is great for riding but after so many days of countryside it is exciting to get back to the excitement of the city.

Even though a greater part of the day would be spent riding in the countryside along the MR I knew that the last quarter of today's ride would be going through towns leading to St. Louis.

I first stopped in Louisiana, MO and reconnected with the River.  There were some actual steps at the bank of the River that led down into the River.  Not exactly sure why they are there since the River is large and the current is strong.  Nonetheless, interesting.

I rode through small town after small town till I reached O'Fallon, MO.  There I found a Starbucks, the first one I saw since St. Paul, MN.  I enjoyed a snack, a drink and connecting with my friends in Ferguson, MO.

Due to the difficulty of getting to their house on bike Dr. Mike suggested that he meet me at Frontier Park in St. Charles, MO.  Sounded good to me so I set off for Frontier Park.  I was in city traffic but no worries, just energy.  I got to Frontier Park and texted Mike re: his location in the Park.  After hearing from him I made my way from where I was to where he was.  Along the way there was some cool frontier stuff.  It was great to find Mike!

We loaded up my rig and headed to the house.  After arriving at the house I unloaded my rig and took time to clean it up.  After that I cleaned myself up and enjoyed dinner & the evening with Mike & Pam.  Because of the nature of my journey Mike shared a book with me that was written by a man who canoed the MR.  I love adventure, I am looking forward to reading it!