Sunday, January 26, 2020

GTD ‘20 Bike Shops

Whenever I start and finish a tour away from home there are additional matters to consider.  One of those is, where will I ship my bike?  To a Bike Shop?  To my lodging place?  I have done both.  If I ship my bike to a bike shop they can have them assembled, tuned up and ready to go when I arrive.  This is what I did for my Atlantic Coast Trip.  The Bike Shop in Troy, NY, was awesome!

If I choose to ship it where I will be lodging I have to unpack and assemble my bike with the hopes that nothing was damaged during shipment.  This is what I chose to do for my Mississippi River Ride.  I shipped it to the hotel and assembled everything in my room.  There were a few minor issues that needed attention so I had to go to the bike shop before leaving Minneapolis for Itasca SP.

For GTD ‘20 I will have Gator Cycle in GNV break down my bike, pack it up and ship it to the Angry Catfish Bike Shop & Coffee Bar in Minneapolis.  They will have it ready to go for my Saturday morning ride to Jamie & Niw’s house.

At the conclusion of the Trip I will stop at Jack’s Bicycle Shop in Detroit.  They will take care of breaking my bike down, packing it up and shipping it to Gator Cycle.

I am thankful to find good people at good bike shops, they are a blessing and a significant factor in helping me have a successful Trip.

The next issue for me to tackle is illumination.  Sometimes I set out or am caught in the dark, it is extremely important to have adequate lighting in order to be seen by all vehicles.

Until next time, live adventurously and love God!