Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Puzzle Pieces

As I prepare for my bike ride there are so many different pieces of the puzzle that must come together so that I can even begin the ride May 5 in Flagstaff, AZ.

I must have quality bike equipment that will withstand lots of miles and lots of climbing through southern Utah and Colorado. Many bike repairs, equipment upgrades and necessary camping equipment has been purchased. Eleven informative bicycle specific maps have been purchased and studied over and over again. Support and Sponsorship letters have been sent out. Calls to friends who live on or near my route have been made. I look forward to seeing and staying with them.

There is so much that goes into a ride of this magnitude. I am working hard to do my part but ultimately I know God will take care of my every need along the way. It's going to be exciting to see "Godstuff" happen day after day after day. I am looking forward to meeting the people that God plans to introduce me to all along the way. Great stories will come from our time of meeting and sharing.

This will be the trip of a lifetime! I am thankful to so many who are making this ride possible. My lovely wife Celeste, my nervous but supportive family, our amazing campus ministry at the University of Florida and the many supporting individuals and churches throughout the state of Florida as well as the United States.

To God be the glory!